Things that didn’t go so well and need improvement:
- Low-power beamer didn’t deliver the desired brightness, especially since the projection came from the back of a canvas and has to shine through to the room. Also the thick smoke didnt help the viewability.
- Resolume crashed a lot on my laptop (12 times in the 7 hours we VJ’ed), thank god buZz had thought of a backup system with his PS2 and the game Baby Universe.
- We need more video material for a more varied performance, and some customizable text system for announcing DJ’s and other artists.
Then there’s the things that did go well:
- We had lots of fun and no problem switching between each other’s video sources.
- We used each other’s video material without any trouble.
- The results looked nice in our opinions. Of course we hope the audience thought the same.
All in all I think we did very nicely for a first attempt, and we certainly have a good experience to work with for any future gigs. On to the next party!